Hello, my name is Edwin Berends. Thank you for taking some time to get to know me. Do you want toget to know me in just 2 minutes? Check out the clip below!
I am 31 years old and I represent DSM in the Young Professional of the Year 2012 election. I work as a Manager Innovation Program Office and together with others I work on innovative solutions for a sustainable world. One of those ideas is to find a sustainable way to make biofuels from agricultural waste. I think sustainability is important, not only now, but for generations to come. Innovation for a more sustainable world, that is my passion!
But I do more than this. At the Royal Institute of Engineers KIVI NIRIA I am a member of the Board. KIVI NIRIA discusses the role of engineering and engineers with government, education and businesses in order to solve the problems of today. As an expert I am also involved in the Science and Technology Platform that promotes good technical and scientific education.
However, my interest goes beyond sustainability and innovation. I really enjoy jazz music, I play classical organ, carrillon and piano and occasionally I play at concerts.
Do you want to exchange views with me? I am always open to new collaborations and ideas. Even better if you want to vote for me, especially if you, like me, would want to make this world a nicer place for now and in the future.
My CV in brief
- William Louis Gymnasium in Groningen (1992-1998)
- University of Twente – Chemical Engineering / Membrane Technology (1998-2006)
- Internships at Shell (Seraya Chemicals) in Singapore (2004) and DSM in Geleen (2006)
- Program Manager, DSM Bio-based Products & Services in Delft (2007-2011)
- Innovation Program Office Manager, DSM Food Specialties in Delft (2012-present)
To learn more, download my resume in text or image or contact me.